Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: A co-worker just told me...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    A co-worker just told me...

    ...and she was serious as a heart attack....(and she was speaking in literal terms)....

    that she thinks that Obama is the anti-christ. She knows this because the Bible says the anti-Christ will be a smooth-talker of Muslim decent, so it has to be him (again - this is set in stone as far as she's concerned).

    I, being so very delicate in expressing myself, told her that was stupid. I think I pissed her off LOL



    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member buckeye_fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 18th, 2006
    Posts
    1,124
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A co-worker just told me...

    There's a student up at UVa-Wise who will sit you down and try to explain to you in full detail exactly why he thinks Obama is the anti-christ.
    [I]I've been very lonely in my isolated tower of indecipherable speech. [/I]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A co-worker just told me...

    Who is it? If you don't want to say on here pm me, I've got a good idea on who it is.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A co-worker just told me...

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lpdbuckeye</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There's a student up at UVa-Wise who will sit you down and try to explain to you in full detail exactly why he thinks Obama is the anti-christ.</div></div>
    I don't doubt it.

    This girl gets SOOOO mad when you challenge anything she says. But, she admits to NEVER watching and NEVER reading the news. All she reads is celebrity gossip. Earlier on this year she didn't even know who the candidates were!
    But she loves loves loves the gossip and can't stand fact.

    She refuses to go into discussion with me about it (because she has no ammunition). She tried to stop me by saying "you do NOT know everything" and I had to remind her she admits to never following this stuff and never reading or watching the news, so apparently I know just a smidge more than her at least.

    She refuses to admit her racism. She denies it up one side and down the other. Then will turn around and say something extremely derogatory about Islam or say that blacks need to stay to themselves because God made them separate or something.

    She personifies my favorite saying:
    Gossip and rumor are eaten up by the masses, but put facts on a silver platter and it's not accepted.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A co-worker just told me...

    Did you ask her to show in the Bible where it says Muslim one time? My aunt (Grandpas sis) said the same thing because the preacher at her church said it. I told her to find me the word Muslim in the Bible and told her she'd have a hard time since the Bible was completed by the early second century, and the religion of Islam wasn't founded until the early 600s. Had to tell her that because she believes that Obama is a muslim and she wont believe otherwise. One of the main reasons I dont go to church or that church much, when I was about 15 I started seeing a lot of people like that, who think they are mightier than everyone else and know everything about the Bible.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A co-worker just told me...

    Oh she also believes ANYTHING her pastor says. If he says the sky is green then by golly it's green. I doubt if she even cracked open the Bible other than to follow instruction in church Sunday mornings.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member imported_GC1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 27th, 2002
    Posts
    1,738
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A co-worker just told me...

    I thought Ronald Reagan was the antichrist! Or was it Gorbachev? Dispensational preachers have fed off peoples fears for years. Hal Lindsay has made a fortune on his books by saying everything from the Soviets on is the beast and that the antichrist will rise from this or that nation. I suppose you can make the Bible say a lot if you look at it with shaded glasses. I've even heard that the nation referred to in Isiah as the "Eagle" is the US since the eagle is our national bird. But the eagle has been the bird of many nations the Baylonian empire included.
    "We cannot expect the Americans to jump from capitalism to Communism, but we can assist their elected leaders in giving Americans small doses of socialism until they suddenly awake to find they have Communism."
    - Soviet Leader Nikita Khrushchev, 1959

    Welcome to the USSA!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •